21-day Level 3 working as a close protection operative within the private security industry
21-day Close Protection Operative Level 3 certificate (SIA licence applicable)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone wishing to enter the medium to high risk industry of close protection armed and unarmed and to enter the surveillance industry as a trained operative.
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a close protection operative (CPO). It is based on the relevant SIA’s Specification for Learning and Qualifications
The 40-day UCP course also gives the learner the minimum requirements to apply for overseas high-risk jobs such as Iraq and South America. Domestic Surveillance employment and entry into the world of surveillance
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a close protection operative (CPO). It is based on the relevant SIA’s Specification for Learning and Qualification.
The 200 guided learning hours close protection course covers all aspects from theory to practical with 3 multiple questions exam papers at the end of the course. You will be put through your paces from our highly experienced tutors, so prepare to train hard every single day. We finish the course with 3 days of final exercises protecting 3 types of clients that you will possibly come across in your future career, so this course really prepares you for medium and high risk and celebrity bodyguarding duties.
Minimum Required Kit List
- Grey, Blue or Black Suit, black shoes, dark or neutral tie, black socks, belt
- Casual Jeans or Dockers; gym clothing
- Laptop with Microsoft word and power point,
- USB memory stick with 10 GB max
- Pencil and pen, eraser
Skill Prerequisites reasonable understanding of the English language, reasonable fitness level Awarded after internal and external review of leaners portfolio.
The qualification comprises three mandatory units:
Unit 1 – Working as a Close Protection Operative
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a close protection operative
- Understand basic surveillance, anti-surveillance and counter-surveillance techniques
- Understand legislation relevant to a close protection operative
- Understand the importance of interpersonal skills within a close protection environment
- Understand the importance of reconnaissance within a close protection environment
- Understand search procedures within a close protection environment
- Be able to establish and maintain secure environments
Unit 2 – Planning, Preparing and Supporting a close Protection Operation
- Understand the importance of threat assessment, risk management and operational planning
- Understand the importance of teamwork and operational briefing within a close protection environment
- Understand close protection foot drills
- Understand the importance of planning for route selection
- Understand the importance of transport management within the close protection environment
- Understand incident management within a close protection environment
- Understand venue security operations
- Be able to plan and prepare to carry out a close protection operation
- Be able to provide close protection of a principal
Unit 3 – Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem-solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Understand good practice to follow conflict situations
Contact +44 800 195 1644