5 day Working with Celebrities as a Close Protection Operative
5-day working with Celebrities as a Close Protection Operative
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone that is already or is planning to work for Celebrities or Sports stars and their families and/or wishing to upskill their profession and enter the security industry for unarmed close protection employment.
UCP’s uniquely developed course blends the close protection level 3 standard course with an advanced industry sector that is sometimes missed on the normal training courses.
Working with and for A-listers and sports stars is a totally different world than a wealthy CEO. Same foundations but the diversity of the superstars is immense.
Their lifestyle and their travelling, meeting other IBG’s and friends of friends, the excessive needs and wants and not to mention the image they have to upkeep every minute of the day.
Fans, Stalkers, Paparazzi and Journalist, criminal gangs and the IRS and HMRC s all have their surveillance units watching out for the stars for some reason or another.
A special kind of security operative covers all angles of threat on these superstars.
Working with celebrities like, Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise and George Clooney, to name a few, should be the highlight of your career. Many students who have come through training go onto become part of a team or the actual individual bodyguard to these superstars.
Global travelling, respect from the crowds, feeling important and needed are just a few good reasons to want to get up and work each morning.
Minimum Required Kit List
Executive Close Protection kit list
Dark suit (does not have to be black) black shoes, dark or neutral tie, black socks and crisp white and pastel colour shirt (double cuff preferably) discreet cuff links
Assortment of casual clothing “without” logo’s and writing on your shirts, jeans or Dockers; we don’t like bright colours partly due to the course covering surveillance and counter surveillance, bring some gym clothing as there will be hand to hand combat and fitness training.
Belt, tactical or leather. UCP center can sell these tactical belts so please don’t worry if you find it hard to obtain
Good walking shoes with tread (we don’t recommend you buy new shoes just before the course due to wearing in (blisters) Weather cautious clothing in case of rain or breeze (think about what will make you comfortable) keep the shoe colour in line with the suit… trainers will be needed (no radical colours).
Laptop with Microsoft word and power point, USB memory stick with 10 GB max as you will not get this returned, Camera or phone camera with leads, small and large Notebook (small for day to day log) black pen and pencil with rubber.
Repeat due to importance;
Laptop (not tablet unless you have windows, PowerPoint and word installed)
Windows or office
PowerPoint is a must for briefing and de-briefing
Notebook: pencil and pen, eraser camera/camera-phone with chargers
What is not included:
- Level 3 Close Protection
*All prerequisite awards should
not be expired so please check the expiry date before applying *All Candidates should have
a reasonable level of
The qualification comprises three mandatory units:
Unit 1 – Working as a Close Protection Operative
- Understand the roles and responsibilities for Working with Celebrities as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry
- Understand basic surveillance awareness
- Understand residential security
- Understand types of vehicles and private aircraft
- Understand legislation relevant to a close protection operative
- Understand the importance of interpersonal skills within a close protection environment
- Understand search procedures within a close protection environment
- Be able to establish and maintain secure environments
Unit 2 – Planning, Preparing and Supporting a close Protection Operation
- Understand the importance of threat assessment, risk management and operational planning
- Understand the importance of daily logs and hand overs
- Dealing with police and other emergency services
- Understanding private events and arranging the security logistics
- Understand close protection foot drills inside the celebrity world
- Understand the importance of planning for route selection
- Understand the importance of dealing with the press and paparazzi
- Understand the importance of transport management within the close protection environment
- Understand incident management within a close protection environment
- Understand venue security operations
- Be able to plan and prepare to carry out a close protection operation
- Be able to provide close protection of a principal and their family including children and pets.
Unit 3 – Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem-solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Understand good practice to follow conflict situations