4 Day Award for working as a Door supervisor within the private security industry
4 Day Level 2 Award for working as a Door supervisor within the private security industry
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- New entrants to the sector without a previous award/qualification conferring full or partial exemption.
- Essential qualification for those working or seeking work as Door Supervisor in the private security industry. The qualification is a pre requisite under the terms of the Private Security Industry Act (2001) for individuals working as Door Supervisors in the private security industry to obtain a licence from the Security Industry Authority.
Great course to gain the sia licence and preparing to work in this sector A Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry is a pre-requisite formthose seeking to work as a door supervisor in the private security industry (PSI).
Under the terms of the Private Security Industry Act (2001) individuals working in specific sectors of
the private security industry must be licensed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA). One criterion for
obtaining a licence is the achievement of a licence-linked qualification. The Level 2 Award for Working
as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry provides full coverage of the competences
specified by the SIA and therefore meets its requirements for a licence-linked qualification.
A Door Supervisor licence is required if manned guarding activities are undertaken in relation to licensed
premises, except where the activity only involves the use of CCTV equipment or falls within the definition
of cash and valuables in transit or close protection. Licensed premises are those open to the public at times
when alcohol is being supplied for consumption, or regulated entertainment is being provided.
Minimum Required Kit List
Laptop with Microsoft word and power point
- 18 Years +
- Level 1 English Language
*All prerequisite awards should not be expired
so please check the expiry date before applying
*All Candidates should have a reasonable level
of personal fitness
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry;
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity;
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements;
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace;
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures;
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care;
- Understand the role and objectives of a door supervisor;
- Understand civil and criminal law relevant to a door supervisor;
- Understand searching relevant to a door supervisor;
- Understand powers of arrest relevant to a door supervisor;
- Understand drug-misuse issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor;
- Understand incident recording and crime scene preservation relevant to the role of a door supervisor;
- Understand licensing law and social responsibility relevant to the role of a door supervisor;
- Understand emergency procedures which should be followed by a door supervisor;
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe;
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor;
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role;
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations;
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict;
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict;
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations;
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use;
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others;
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills;
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions.
Contact +44 800 195 1644