UCP e-learning 33 hours Level 2 IED (Improvised Explosive Devices) Awareness Training
IED Awareness Training
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone wishing to enter the medium to high-risk industry of close protection armed sector.
This unique course main objective is to enhance comprehensive awareness of IED types, threats and field strategies aiming at early recognition of bomb incidents. Diverse portfolio of this training course makes it a great education supplement for Law Enforcement / DoD operatives, Security Contractors, and other Emergency Responding Service members.
The 33-hour UCP course also gives the learner the minimum requirements to apply for overseas high-risk jobs such as Middle East, Africa, and South America.
Extremist and terrorist employment of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) has increased the importance of a First Responder’s working knowledge of explosives and explosive devices. As the name implies, First Responders are simultaneously the personnel most threatened by and best positioned to, identify IEDS.
UCP’s IED & Explosives Awareness Training is designed to provide the knowledge and skills for First Responders to not only identify potential explosive threats but identify the key components critical for assisting in the determination of appropriate response procedures. Attendees will participate in classroom lecture and practical labs designed to enhance their understanding of how IEDs function and practical exercises focusing on the identification of an array of IEDs, their components and triggering mechanisms.
Minimum Required Kit List
- Laptop with Microsoft word and power point
- USB memory stick with 10 GB max
- Pencil and pen, eraser
Skill Prerequisites None
- Bomb construction and classification
- IED attacks mapping
- TAC strategies
- Sign awareness / Personal Threat Assessment (PTA)
- Explosions / explosives effects
- Case study
- Search and Report procedures
- Protective measures
- Energetic Material Orientation & Terminology
- Classification of Explosives & the Stimuli to Which They Respond
- Types of Explosives & Their Methods of Initiation
- IED & Booby-Trap Recognition
- Homemade Explosives (HME) Orientation:
- Precursor Chemicals
- Manufacturing Equipment
- Blast Pathology
- IED Manufacture Practical Exercise
Contact +44 800 195 1644