UCP eLearning 30 hours Level 2 Introduction to counter Terrorism awareness and active shooter awareness and shopping centre security training
Basic Terrorism Awareness and active shooter awareness and shopping centre security training
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is designed to meet the awareness needs of private and public sector entities of various disciplines at all levels of the organization
The training is designed for anyone that would like to support the protection of their country by identifying threats before the common civilian, enabling you to report to the authorities and save life’s, also for CEO’s, Managers, corporate executives, development managers in minerals, Aid Workers and journalists and celebrities and anyone who are deployed to high-risk / hostile environment countries. Anyone wishing to enter the medium to high-risk industry of close protection armed sector. The 2 hours UCP Terrorism Awareness Course course also gives the learner the minimum requirements to apply for overseas high-risk jobs such as Middle East, Africa, and South America.
Prevent, Pursue, Protect, and Prepare.
Completion of this awareness-level web- based training course will prepare learners to successfully recognize, report, and react to potential terrorist incidents. In the first two lessons, learners will develop a broad understanding of terrorism to include a definition of terrorism as well as examples of terrorist groups and targets. Additionally, learners will gain insight into the importance of protecting private sector resources through awareness-level training. The last two lessons list various weapons of mass destruction (WMD), relay indicators of potential terrorist activity and outline actions to be taken in the event of a potential terrorist attack. This course provides security training personnel with increased awareness of the various facets of terrorism and criminal activity that could occur at a retail facility. During this course participants will examine weapons that may be used in a terror attack and will be able to describe various attack tactics that may be used against a retail facility. Participants will also be able to assess potentially suspicious behaviour and will be able to conduct surveillance at their facility. The course describes proper response to terrorist or criminal incidents.
Minimum Required Kit List
- Laptop with Microsoft word and power point,
- USB memory stick with 10 GB max
- Pencil and pen, eraser
Skill Prerequisites None
- Report Suspicious Behaviour
- Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism
- international Approach to Terrorism
- Your Role in Protecting Yourself and Your Workplace from Terrorism
- Terrorism and WMD Awareness in the Workplace
- Introduction to Terrorism
- Introduction to Terrorism
- What is Terrorism
- Where Do Terrorists Come From
- Why Do Terrorists Attack
- Who and What Do Terrorists Target?
- How Do Terrorists Attack
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Definition of WMD and CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive)
- WMD Examples
- Which Weapon is a Terrorist Most Likely to Use
- Components of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
- Recognizing, Reporting, and Reacting to Terrorism
- Recognizing Terrorism
- Recognizing Suspicious Activity • Recognizing Suspicious Vehicles • Recognizing Suspicious Objects • Reporting Terrorism
- Shopping centre security planning and contingencies
- Shopping centre actions on
- Active shooter triggers and inhibitors
- Negotiation first on scene