UCP eLearning 44 hours Level 3 Award in Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The training is designed for CEO’s, Managers, corporate executives, development managers in minerals, Aid Workers and journalists and celebrities and anyone who are deployed to high-risk / hostile environment countries. Anyone wishing to enter the medium to high-risk industry of close protection armed sector. The 44 hours UCP HEAT course also gives the learner the minimum requirements to apply for overseas high-risk jobs such as Middle East, Africa, and South America.
Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) is an intensive practical course with hands-on activities that allow participants to explore their behaviour and learn, apply, and experience lifesaving behaviours through realistic simulations in a high-risk environment.
The aim is to improve personal security and self-awareness for NGO workers. Our well-tested learning process builds on 3 phase methodology of (1) learning theory, (2) putting classroom learning into a practice, and (3) testing your newly gained skills in realistic simulations.
5 days of intense training for hostile environment covering all aspects from theory to practical with a multiple-choice exam to complete the course.
Anyone wishing to enter the high-risk industry would seriously need to take this type of training This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a job in the overseas high-risk industry. The 44hrs UCP course also gives the learner the minimum requirements to apply for overseas high-risk jobs such as Middle East, Africa, and South America.
Minimum Required Kit List
- Laptop with Microsoft word and power point,
- USB memory stick with 10 GB max
- Pencil and pen, eraser
Skill Prerequisites None
- Survival skills (water, food, shelter)
- Landmines, UXO & IEDs
- Navigation & topography
- First Aid
- Abduction & hostage taking
- Coping with sexual violence
- Stress management & defusing
- Field communication & equipment
- Security planning
- Context & risk assessment
- Familiarization with weapons
- Checkpoints & roadblocks
- Travel security
- Cultural awareness & security strategies
- Better awareness of how I react under stress.
- Improved understanding of how an individual’s behaviour can affect a team in stressful situations.
- Increased understanding of the need to analyse situations ahead of time; and,
- Appreciation for thinking/sensing/analysing before acting.
Contact +44 800 195 1644