UCP eLearning 30 hours Level 2 • Alcohol & Drugs misuse
Alcohol & Drugs misuse
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Effective training on drug and alcohol issues supports a healthy and effective workplace culture by improving productivity, lowering absenteeism, preventing theft, and improving safety and morale. It also helps prevent work-related injuries and illnesses—all of which translates into a healthier workplace and bottom line.
Alcohol & Drugs misuse Online Course Quick Facts
- This course is delivered fully online. It is always accessible any time of day or night via any computer or Smartphone
- Course modules are instructor-led allowing for critical student interaction
- Study at your own pace from home or at work
- Course material is easily downloadable in print or file format
- Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of completion
Drug and Alcohol Misuse Online Course Benefits
- Improve your professional marketability
- Develop your existing skills and competencies
- Help in meeting any continuing education requirements
This is a general course to teach people how to spot the signs of drug and alcohol use, including how to use the reasonable suspicion standard and how and where to report their concerns. It identifies common signs of drug and alcohol use, the reasonable suspicion standard, how to document specific concerns relating to suspected drug and alcohol use and how and where to report concerns of drug and alcohol use.
47% of serious workplace accidents and 40% of workplace accidents resulting in fatalities have drug or alcohol involvement
The use of alcohol or drugs accounts for 38% to 50% of all workers’ compensation claims
More than 90% of alcoholics and 74% of drug addicts are employed
In an average U.S. company, 15% to 17% of employees affect their workplaces through substance abuse
On average, an employee with inappropriate substance use costs their employer $7,000 to $25,000 annually (Small Business Administration)
Minimum Required Kit List
- Laptop with Microsoft word and power point,
- USB memory stick with 10 GB max
- Pencil and pen, eraser
Skill Prerequisites None
- Negative effects of drug and alcohol use
- How to spot signs of drug and alcohol abuse
- What is the reasonable suspicion standard?
- How to document work-related issues stemming from drugs and alcohol
- How to report drug and alcohol-related concerns