10 Day Individual Bodyguard (Intermediate)
10-Day advanced individual bodyguard course for working as an executive individual bodyguard
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone that works as an individual bodyguard and the skills and rills of working as an individual security protection operative or wants to either refresh their original training but with the input of IBG or wishing to enter the security industry for unarmed close protection employment.
This award is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a close protection operative (CPO). It is based on the relevant SIA’s Specification for Learning and Qualifications
This uniquely designed course was developed by experts with over 30 years + experience each, seeing a gap in this sector for most close protection course training providers. UCP has written this course to complement the standard Close Protection Training. No one really covers this remit and it for some reason off the radar. But this role and responsibility make up a good percentage of tasking.
Working on your own or with a designated driver is very common in the private security industry, this is called (IBG) Individual Bodyguard.
Working as an individual is actually harder than in a team due to the protocols of this role that comes with it. An IBG has to be in two places at one time, and the demand for a good operator is high, some of the world’s highest-paid security. A good IBG can fetch around £1000 per day.
But you have to look and act the part. so, look in the mirror before booking this course and say to yourself “have i got what it takes to be an IGB?
Minimum Required Kit List
Executive Close Protection kit list
Dark suit (does not have to be black) black shoes, dark or neutral tie, black socks and crisp white and pastel colour shirt (double cuff preferably) discreet cuff links
Assortment of casual clothing “without” logo’s and writing on your shirts, jeans or Dockers; we don’t like bright colours partly due to the course covering surveillance and counter surveillance, bring some gym clothing as there will be hand to hand combat and fitness training.
Belt, tactical or leather. UCP centre can sell these tactical belts so please don’t worry if you find it hard to obtain.
Good walking shoes with tread (we don’t recommend you buy new shoes just before the course due to wearing in (blisters) Weather cautious clothing in case of rain or breeze (think about what will make you comfortable) keep the shoe colour in line with the suit… trainers will be needed (no radical colours).
Laptop with Microsoft word and power point, USB memory stick with 10 GB max as you will not get this returned, Camera or phone camera with leads, small and large Notebook (small for day to day log) black pen and pencil with rubber.
Repeat due to importance;
Laptop (not tablet unless you have windows, PowerPoint and word installed)
Windows or office
PowerPoint is a must for briefing and de-briefing
Notebook: pencil and pen, eraser camera/camera-phone with chargers.
What is not included:
*All prerequisite awards should not be expired so please check the expiry date before applying *All Candidates should have a reasonable level of personal fitness
The qualification comprises three mandatory units:
Unit 1 – Working as an Individual Bodyguard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Working as an Individual Bodyguard
- Understanding vehicle drills and venue skills Working as an Individual Bodyguard
- Understanding reaction to attack and VIP body cover and extraction Working as an Individual Bodyguard
- Understanding surveillance awareness
- Understand the importance of interpersonal skills within a close protection environment
- Understand search procedures within a close protection environment
- Be able to establish and maintain secure environments as an Individual Bodyguard
Unit 3 – Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem-solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Understand good practice to follow conflict situations