UCP 10 Day DDM (Designated Defense Marksman) training
DDM (Designated Defensive Marksman) course
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This 10-day course is designed for active law enforcement employees (Police, Border Guards, Soldiers) Private Security Contractors PSC working in challenging locations (Africa, South America, Middle East). UCP will familiarize you with all aspects of the DDM role.
The training is intense and requires participants to have self-discipline and excellent team communication during their tasks.
This course is also for Hunters and Recreational Shooters.
DDM is a member of another armed formation trained in precision shooting over a long distance and has the skills to observe and mask. Sharpshooter armament is a sniper rifle a specially selected weapon equipped with an optical sight, night vision device or other sight allowing accurate shooting over long distances. The marksman’s task on the battlefield is to eliminate important targets that appear in a short time. They can be enemy snipers, liaison officers, heavy weapons support and commanders. Designated Defense Marksman must lead the way in preparing a mission plan, ensuring observation, tracking and precise risk reduction in the near, medium and long-range.
We will familiarize you with all aspects of the shooter’s work. We will equip you with the skills necessary to attack targets over long distances.
Minimum Required Kit List
- Tactical Belt
- Tactical/Outdoor boots
- Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions
- Shooting glasses (ballistic)
- Shooting ear protection (ear defenders)
What is not included:
- Level 1 Online Firearms (Rifle/Carbine)
- Level 1 Firearms (Rifle/Carbine)
- Carbine 5.56/7.62mm
- Tactical Carbine 5.56/7.62mm
*All prerequisite awards should not be expired
so please check the expiry date before applying
*All Candidates should have a reasonable level
of personal fitness
- Principles and Fundamentals of DDM Rifle Marksmanship
- DDM Rifle Ballistics and Weather Compensation Calculations
- Equipment Set-Up, Rifle Sight-In, & Data Book Use
- DDM Shooting Techniques
- Position Shooting & Unconventional Positions
- Unconventional Positions Shooting Drills
- Individual Urban Movement & Route Planning
- Range Estimation Techniques and Distance Determination
- Observation and Intelligence Gathering Methods